Sunday, March 15, 2009

Some changes to come...

Just to fill everyone in since my last post...Since June I have been having pains under my sturnum that wraps around my side under my rib cage and radiates between my shoulder blades. It would be followed by diarrhea. It feels like I'm having a heart attack at times. So, in June I went to the doctor and they did an EKG, ultrasound on my gallbladder, liver, spleen, & kidneys, an echocardiogram, a 72 hour holter monitor, and all types of blood work. Everything cam back fine. So, I have lived with off and on pain since then.

Tuesday morning, I woke up and as I was walking out the door, the pain hit me so hard, I doubled over. I went on to work and all day I had I had the pain. When I left work I had to go get my hair cut. While I was riding down the road, I had the worst pain I had ever felt! It took my breath away! I felt like I was short of breath! I was able to make it to the place where I get my hair cut. I called my husband and told him what was going on. He called his mom to come get me and take me to the ER and told me he and my parents would be on their way. I got to the hospital where they rushed me right on back. They started an IV, got some blood to test (CBC, BMP, D-dimer, coagulation, CPK, Troponin), did a urine test, & did a chest x-ray. In the mean time, they gave me Morphine, Zofran, & 4 baby aspirin. When I woke up, American Idol was on!

They sent me home to come back in the morning for an ultrasound on my gallbladder and to follow up with my family doctor that afternoon.

I had my ultrasound at 10 am and saw my family doctor at 2 pm on Wednesday. Everything was fine. So I go this Tuesday for another test. It's a nuclear test that tests the function of the gallbladder. If this test comes back fine, my doctor is going to refer me to a surgeon to see if they can figure out what is causing my pain.

My pain is not is bad as it was Tuesday & Thrusday, but I still have moments when I hurt pretty bad! I hope we can figure out what's wrong!

In the mean time, when I stepped on the scales at the doctor's office, I knew I had to make some changes in my life. This weekend, Wayne and I bought the Wii fit! Just from what little bit I've already done on it, it really gives you a work out! I hope that I can get some weight off. Wayne and I have agreed to do this together. We thought maybe we could keep each other motivated and if it works, save money on gym costs! I'll keep you posted. My goal is to try to lose 4 lbs each week.

Please keep me in your prayers and pray that my pain source will be found and it can be fixed!

3 comments:

  1. Based on what doctors have told me, the normal weight to lsoe each week is 2 pounds. More than that can cause more health concerns later on. You're so young now. I had my gallbladder out & honey it was awful. Drink water & walk. That's what works for me & mom. We can't wait for the weather to warm back up to get us back @ the track. I wish you the best in your weight loss journey. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear..I'm so glad you are one of my stalkers..LOL. its sad people have to stoop so low to try and make life miserable for others. In turn, it will be miserable for them. I stand tall and I will never back down...Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok girfriend!!! Its time for a new post!! LOL. I hope all goes well with your tests and all. I will keep you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete